I just got back from the Library where I got a wonderfully funny book called "A Little Book of Canadian Political Wisdom." It has a bunch of funny and stupid quotes that politicians have said. You wont believe how stupid some of the people who run our country are!!
1. "Okay we've won. What do we do now?" Brian Mulroney after winning a landslide victory in the 1984 federal election.
2. "Just as Lake Erie drains from North to South, there is an ongoing drain i nthe terms of our young people." Stockwell Day on October 24, 2000 during a campaign stop in Niagra Falls Ontario. (Lake Erie drains from South to North.)
3. "Seals don't eat beef. I was interviewed one day in France. I explained one of the problems is we have too many seals. A reporter came to me and asked if it is true that seals eat cod. I don't know, I'm not a seal. But I can tell you seals don't eat beef because the seals are not living in Alberta." Jean Chretien on July 8, 1995 speaking at a Liberal Party fundraiser in Calgary.
4. "My style of leadership, uh, and in my former role as well, was to state what my idea was but also encourage uh, you know, I know what I know and I know what I don't know." Belinda Stronach being interviewed on a Winnipeg radio station on January 21, 2004.
5. "Good afternoon, Croation people." Sheila Copps speaking infront of a Serbian audience.
Unfortunately, there are many more stupid quotes and it's quite scary too:) In the book there are many clever ones to and I will post some tomorrow but now I need to go to bed.
2 comments:
I like the one about seals not eating beef....oh yes, I miss Jean Chretien...:-)
It never ceases to amaze me what Stockwell Day will say!!
By the way I like the changing picture on your header...I'll have to post a link to one of my blogs for you to stay in touch with the St.James Seals...and yes these ones eat beef, in particular...burgers!!
Post a Comment