Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Vote, Then Tune In!

Don't forget to vote today! To figure out where your nearest voting stations is, go to elections.ca
Then, come back and watch the results and tune into my live blogs of the election. I will be at swim practice until 8:00 PM but then when I get back I'll get right on the live blogging.

I will try to focus and write about the closest races in one riding from each province.
These are probably the ridings that I will be focusing on:

BC: Vancouver Island North - In the last election the NDP candidate Catherine Bell won by less than 1% more than Conservative John Duncan.
AB: Edmonton-Strathcona (My riding) - This is one of the closest races in Alberta. Last election the NDP Candidate Linda Duncan lost against the Conservative Rahim Jaffer by 9% but in some latest polls it shows Linda Duncan gaining some votes.
SK: Desnethe-Missinippi-Churchill River - This is a VERY close riding! In the last election Liberal candidate Gary Merasty won against the Conservative by only 0.43%!
MB: Saint Boniface - Liberal candidate Raymond Simard won by only 3.5% over the Conservatives Ken Cooper.
ON: Parry Sound - Muskoka - This is definitely the closest riding I have seen so far! The Conservative candidate Tony Clement only won by 0.04% against the Liberal Andy Mitchell.
QB: Ahuntsic - This another close riding involving the Liberals. The Bloquebecois candidate in the last riding, Maria Mourani, came in a bit more than 1% more than the Liberal candidate.
NB: Tobique - Mactaquac - Conservative Mike Allen won by only 0.70% over the Liberal Andy Savoy.
NS: West Nova - Liberal candidate Robert Thibault won by a little more than 1% over the Conservative candidate Greg Kerr. I will of course also be focusing on Elizabeth May's riding but I do not have much information on that riding right now.
PEI: There isn't exactly a close riding in PEI, it's all Liberal. I will though be posting if PEI turns out again to be all Liberal.
NFLD: Random-Burin-St. George's - This is the closest riding I could find in Newfoundland. The Liberal candidate Bill Matthews won by 5% against the Conservative Cynthia Downey.
ARCTIC: The arctic too isn't really close. But it's all Liberal and NDP! I'll let everyone know if it stays that way!

Now let's all sit back, relax and enjoy the election. Well at least try to, then celebrate after you see the results. (hopefully)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess what i am going to be a follower isnt that exciting well i think it is dont you?

Karrie said...

Hey Sweetpea,

What about the Vernon ridings.

Hope that you are having a good day with your swimming etc....and watching the election with your friend Rebecca.

Love Always,
Aunty Karrie

Heidi said...

What's the update on the Strathcona Riding?

Winnipeg Central went NDP :-)