"Someone choose who's left and who's leaving." - The Weakerthans
Friday, February 06, 2009
Did You Know?
This is a interesting/overwhelming video that asks many questions. Did you know that by 2049 $1000 computer will exceed the computational capabilities of the entire human species? But what does it all mean?
Hmmm...I just went to a talk by a library school professor who said (amongst other things) that the computer cannot yet make the proactive leaps that the human brain can. That computers are just reactive according to their programmed parameters. I'm probably misremembering this because I'm sure it sounded smarter.
1 comment:
Hmmm...I just went to a talk by a library school professor who said (amongst other things) that the computer cannot yet make the proactive leaps that the human brain can. That computers are just reactive according to their programmed parameters. I'm probably misremembering this because I'm sure it sounded smarter.
Post a Comment