To see the first part of this post scroll down.
In 2000 the Weakerthans recorded their second CD called Left and Leaving. It's hard to place a genre for this CD as some songs are softer and folky where as some songs are much more rock. For instance the song Aside is more rock and the title song Left and Leaving is much quieter. Left and Leaving was the first CD I got of the Weakerthans which I got at the Edmonton Folk Festival. In the book with the song lyrics for Left and Leaving above some of the songs there is a quote. Above the song Left and Leaving it says: "And for a moment both of you believe you can hear the city breathing you are both tired you want to be done." And then the first line of the song is: "My city's still breathing (but barely it's true)." Then for the song History to the Defeated the quote above it is: "The stars are dead the animals will not look We are left alone with our day, and the time is short and History to the Defeated. May say alas but cannot help or pardon." I think that John. K. Samson is inspired by poems of other to write the lyrics for his songs.
I need to go help my mom to bring up the mattress from downsstairs but stay tuned for CD's 3-4.
1 comment:
Have fun at the concert tonight - I hope the interview goes well! Let us know how it all goes.
Post a Comment