The other day the Alberta Government released their new environment plan. Let's just say, I'm not impressed.
As I skimmed through the CBC article where I got all the information I noticed it seems kind of like a copy - cat of Stephen Harper's plan a couple years ago. One of Premier Stelmach's ideas is to bury the CO2 underneath the ground. Sound familiar? It should, in fact I think I mentioned it in the Christmas 2006 issue of Die Zeitung. NDP leader Brian Mason doesn't think this is a good idea either. "Carbon capture is not just expensive but potentially dangerous as well. A pipeline rupture near a populated area could be disastrous," Mason says. Another thing they mentioned in the article was that in the long term plan they were going to try to go for reducing 14% of the emissions from 2005 - by the year 2050! Also sound familiar? I believe I also mentioned that in the same article in Die Zeitung. Once again. and I';m getting tired of saying this but reducing by 14% in 45 years? That's just pitiful! Do they really want to stop Global Warming or are they just saying that?
My opinion is that our Conservative government thinks that they are too good for everyone else. For instance the Kyoto accord. I think we'd be a lot better off if we just joined in with all the other countries and started working with the rest of the world!
To see the article I got my information from click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment