Friday, June 27, 2008

Busy Times...


I haven't posted for a while, I'm sure that you've noticed that. I have VERY good reasons for that though.


First of all, school's out!! And for the past few weeks me and my class have been trying to rap up our World Vision project just in time for the last day of school. We ended up asking two companies to donate money to our project to help us reach our goal. And we did do it just in time after reaching our fundraising goal of $4 000 and even going over to raise $6 000, $4 000 of that was from the companies who so generously donated their money!! On the last day of school (yesterday) we held a little press conference in our class with the two donating companies (the Flaman Foundation and Mill Creek Developments). And of course in a press conference there has to be press!! The Edmonton Journal came for an interview and Global Edmonton came to film the event. You might have seen it last night on TV.

So this has been a very exciting week for our class and World Vision. With our $6 000 we will be buying these items for people around the world who need it most:


  1. Fill a Stable for a Community

  2. 2 Alpacas for a South American family

  3. 4 Hens and 2 Roosters for a struggling family

  4. Stock 4 Medical Clinics for 4 Communities

  5. 2 Goats for a Family

  6. Pitch in for a Share of a Well (Many people will buy a share of a well and that money will come together to buy one whole well)

  7. 6 Agriculteral Packs for 6 Families

  8. 1 Dairy Cow for a Family

  9. 4 Rabbits for a Family

  10. Supply 3 Classrooms

Now I think I will be taking a bit of a break from writing on my blog for the summer. But still check every week because I might still be writing about my many trips.


Here's the article in the Edmonton Journal: Students Vow to Send Health and Hope Overseas.

2 comments:

Speck said...

go school when are we sending the money

Sharon said...

Isaac, I am really inpressed by how geared to helping others you and your group ARE.
oma .