Neko Case's voice is also amazing. Cory, a musician and friend of mine (who was also part of our alliance in the colour raffle ), once said, "Neko Case has the best voice that country music has ever seen", and after hearing her live, I might have to agree with him.
Her personality also shone through in her live performance. Before each song she told us what inspired the song, or what the song was about. Usually they were very interesting... and sometimes a bit strange too. For one song, she told us that it was about her first boyfriend that she ever had... and he was invisible. Seeing her live and hearing what she thought that the song was about, really added to the experience, and you could enjoy the music more.
Neko Case singing on stage. As I said, her voice was amazing, possibly one of the best voices in country music...
Neko Case and band performing on stage. I saw her on a side stage earlier, where it was just her and one of her guitar players, and I must say that I enjoyed her music much better with the whole band.
OK, first of all, I am very proud to have taken this photo. Here's what I think is an excellent photo of Neko Case singing and playing guitar, while Neko Case's drum player plays drums in the background.
I think this is going to be my last post of the night. But tune in tomorrow for highlights from my interview with 13 year guitarist Quinn Bachand. I will also be posting highlights from Saturday workshops and one or two posts about the main stage performances.
So tune in tomorrow if you weren't able to make it to the folk fest, but if you are at the folk fest, I'll see you on the hill!
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment