Tuesday, June 03, 2008

They're tearing up streets again. They're building a new hotel. (Or condo)

Let me explain... I have been pressured into writing something about the environment. So here I attmept to write something that fits that criteria. It's not totally about the environment but I hope it's good enough. Also, this is kind of venting, but it's also a good thing that I'm venting about... Kind of. I'll just continue.
There has been one condo down my street (House Number 1) that they started building about three years ago. It is still not finished, about 3/4 done. There is another condo down one street over (House Number 2) that they started building about 1 year ago. It is not finished either, but it is at the same stage as house number 1 that started being built 3 years ago. First of all - they've been working on house number 1 for 3 years!!! Second of all - there is a big difference between the two houses. House number 1 is just an average condo that is replacing a small house on a big lot. House number 2 though is also a condo that is replacing a small house on a big lot but house number 2 is actually a. eco-friendly condo. So that means that all the the power is geothermal and stuff like that.
So this is what I think is good. I think that people are spending more time on a house that is eco-friendly so this means that people are actually wanting to help the environment by using eco-friendly power sources and stuff like that.
The bad thing is that there are obviously not enough workers to even finish house number 1. Also it's just a really ugly lot sitting in the middle of my street!

No comments: