Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Canada, Please Invade America"

Those were the words of Folk Fest performer Jim White at his concert on Sunday. He said that because he thinks that Canada is really great and if we invaded America then they would be more like us. Oh, and we have Health Care.
Many great artists were at the Edmonton Folk Festival last weekend, including Jim White. Others were Brett Dennen, Michael Franti, Luke Doucet, Broken Social Scene and Hawksley Workman.
I am very excited to say that I was able to interview four of those great artists last weekend with my media pass.
I will be posting portions of the interviews on my blog over the next week but will also be showing highlights on the August ZeitCast.
I have already posted my interview with Luke Doucet but stay tuned to read interviews with Hawksley Workman, Brendan Canning (Broken Social Scene) and and exclusive interview with Michael Franti.

No comments: