12 year old Bilaal Rajan from Ontario will be going barefoot this week to raise awareness that many people around the world don't have such necessities as shoes. He also wants many other people to go barefoot as well this week, for an hour, a day or even the whole week.
I will also be going barefoot this whole week, and I hope that everyone who reads this will too, or at least for an hour or a day or two.
The point of this challenge is mainly to raise awareness. Bilaal is sure that once people walk barefoot for some time, they will finally realize how hard it is for so many people in underdeveloped countries to go about their lives.
Bilaal Rajan himself started fundraising when he was 4 years old, since then, he has raised millions of dollars to help people around the world. He has even seen first hand the effects of not wearing shoes after going to Tanzania, Malawi and rural Mexico.
I am hoping that many people will go barefoot this week and help raise awareness.
To learn more about Bilaal and the Barefoot Challenge go to: www.bilaalrajan.com/blog
No comments:
Post a Comment