I really did want to post this before now, maybe a week ago, but I guess I found myself busier than I had thought.
Today, tomorrow, and this weekend I will be at the Edmonton Folk Music Festival. This year is the 30th anniversary of the festival, and it looks like it will be great. Like last year, I have organized to get a media pass for the festival, so I will be hopefully getting a few interviews for the blog and my next issue of Die Zeitung. I will be posting regular updates throughout the festival from the media tent, for those who were not able to make it to the festival.
For those who are going, I just wanted to let you know some of the artists and workshops that I'm looking forward to this year. I'm really looking forward to Kathleen Edwards, Joel Plaskett, Iron and Wine, Great Lake Swimmers, and Neko Case.
Some of my picks for workshops to go to this year are:
Friday Stage 6 at 7:30 PM, with Kathleen Edwards and Neko Case.
Pretty much all the sessions with Joel Plaskett on Saturday.
Sunday Stage 3 at 11:00 AM with Chumbawamba and Arrested Development.
I'm also really excited to see Kathleen Edwards on Main Stage tonight, Neko Case on Main Stage tomorrow and Iron and Wine on Main Stage on Saturday.
So please, if you were not able to make it this year, or are interested in seeing what's happening at the folk fest this year, please tune in regularly to my blog. If you are going to the folk fest - I'll see you on the hill!
1 comment:
I'm looking forward to the updates as sadly I will be missing another EFF (is that 2 years in a row now? :-() Next year I will be there to help with the colour lottery/tarp placement...oh yeah, and to hang out and listen to music! :-)
Post a Comment