I am very sorry for only posting about my riding Edmonton-Strathcona so far, but it is very exciting. Linda Duncan is in the lead right now by a full 1% and 400 votes exactly. It is very close and anything could happen, but I'm hoping for the best.
In some other ridings, the results are as follows (both are close races between NDP and Conservative):
In Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar Conservative Kelly Block is winning by 0.8% over the NDP Nettie Wiebe.
In Vancouver Island North Conservative John Duncan is winning by only 0.2% over NDP Catherine Bell.
On a different note, it looks like this is the lowest voter turnout in Canadian election history. For Canada there was an overall voter turnout of 58%. And in Alberta, unfortunately it was even less.
5 comments:
We just saw that Linda Duncan has been declared elected and that, even better, Rahim Jaffer had already delivered his victory speech! Yeah! You must be thrilled. Now, go to bed!
Isaac - I just woke up to your great news (and got it confirmed by CBC that Linda did win!) When I went to bed last night all I knew was that Harper had a minority, Blogger was down, and that CBC has declared Rahim elected!
This is *such* a bright spot on some pretty dismal and depressing election results (not the least of which is the low voter turnout - now, what message is *that* sending out? And is anybody listening?)
(I don't think my previous post worked, so I'll try again).
I obviously went to bed too early last night...the excitement around Edmonton Strathcona was just beginning! :-) Well done to Linda Duncan and to Edmonton Strathcona for sending an NDP to Parliament Hill. A silver lining to the evening...
i am sorry to point this out isaac but you have not posted anything since the election is there not any more exciting things in your life
considering your other blog (circle of music) I see you haven't posted anything in a while and i would like to hear more of your views on music
Post a Comment