Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Another Swim Meet!!!

On Saturday I went to another swim meet with the Penguins swim club. It was fun but a lot different from the last swim meet that I went to. The last swim meet that I went to was the Penguins Challenge with just the Penguins swim club participating. This one was with the Penguins, the Olympians, Keyano, one from Drayton Valley, one from St. Paul and one from Leduc.

I did five races in the swim meet. The first one I did was 50 freestyle. I also did 50 breaststroke, 50 butterfly, 50 backstroke and a 100 IM. For those who don't know an IM stands for Individual Medley and is where the swimmer must swim a 25 of every stroke in a row. In the order of 25 butterfly, 25 backstroke, 25 breaststroke, 25 freestyle. This was the first year that the Penguins swim club handed out I Beat My Time ribbons (I know this because my mom was Chief Timer.) I got a I Beat My Time ribbons 4 times, in all of my swims except for my IM. I really should have got it for my IM because my mom (as Chief Timer) told me that my times form the Penguins challenge was: for 50 breaststroke 1:07. For 50 butterfly 1:07. (She forgot the times for 50 freestyle and 50 backstroke.) For IM 2:07. So obviously they just made those times up but I still did good without the extra ribbon.

Before the swim meet I was VERY worried about my dives for the swim meet. For the warm up we had to do a start for each stroke and swim a 25 of that stroke. My first dive for the warm up I think was perfect and the others were OK. But still after that first dive my worries were gone...almost.

This was a very good swim meet and a very good second swim meet for the Penguins swim club experience. It was also very fun! I will definitely be doing another Penguins swim meet (the next ones in February.)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Great job Isaac - can't wait to see you swimming in person! :-)

And your mom was "chief" timer - oh la la...she was probably just as nervous as you were..thats some big responsibility. :-)

hannelore said...

Hey Isaac- good swims! We have a meet coming up this Saturday Nov.17th and it's called the Pentathlon...every swimmer swims either a 25 or 50 of each stroke plus either a 100 or 200 IM. For us coaches it is a lot of fun and so rewarding to see our little swimmers do every stroke! Both Sam and Mhari (Ball Anthony? Remember them?) will be swimming in it- let's hope there are NO DQ's!