It all started out with a little radio interview at 3:oo PM. All the kids in my class said "oh, no one listens to CBC at 3:00 PM anyway." But then the husband of Marta Gold my interviewer for the Edmonton Journal saw my blog and recognized me from my CBC interview. And then I became in five newspapers. First the Edmonton Journal and then the National Post found out. Also - I don't just call myself "elementary school student and newspaper publisher." (See National Post article) Then the Victoria Times Colonist found out and the Regina Leader Post and the Vancouver Province.
What does this mean? Is it good bad? Sure publicity is good for the newspaper and my blog. And of course it's just plain cool to be on CBC and in five newspapers. You can even see it going up for the blog on my Google Analytics account. I think it's good because I can make my ideas public to the public. Not many kids and probably not even many adults even get to do that. I consider myself very lucky.
Oh yeah - I still haven't mentioned Global Television. Yep TELEVISION. They phoned me on Tuesday and said they wanted an interview on Thursday. They wanted to see me at home and at school. So it's all over now and it was very exciting. They came for about an hour and a half even. So for those of you in Edmonton the interview will be on Global Television at 6:00 PM on
Monday.
From radio to television. How about that for an eleven year old eh?
4 comments:
Sounds pretty good to me Isaac! But asking is it good or bad is a 'good' question to ask and I guess you'll find out soon enough...for example what will it change for you? What will change with Die Zeitung if anything? What about your own status at school, how will that change? What about your mom...will she change how she treats you?? :)
Keep us posted and I'll see if I can somehow catch the interview...maybe on the web?
Congratulations again Isaac! I think you should watch your mom, if she suggests she become your agent and handle all your money and contracts, be careful...I'm just sayin'.
:) Cheryl
Ah, my darling nephew...media darling now too! :-) Did you notice the headline for the Victoria Times-Colonist version? "Doogie-Howser type blogger"...do you even know who Doogie Howser is? :-) Get your Mom to fill you in...she's old enough to know.
And I would heed Cheryl's excellent advice...:-)
I know who Doogie Howser is! My mom already told me.
Post a Comment