Friday, November 30, 2007

Send a Letter to Your City Council Today!

My poll has said that indeed we should ask our municipal government to introduce an anti-idling bylaw. My poll has just closed with the results to the question "Do you think that your municipal government should make a bylaw against idling?" as:

Yes - 34 85%
No - 5 12%
Undecided - 1 2%

So I'm asking you to please send a letter to your city council asking them to introduce an anti - idling bylaw as soon as possible. I'm getting on it right away for the Edmonton City Council.

I've also added another poll on the side to look and vote on. By the way - as there is no archives for the polls I will post something about each poll after they have closed.

Send a letter to your city council today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The problem with "anti idling" bylaws, is that they become a way for local official to legally harras homeless people.

It is a bad idea.

You'll see a lot more ideas as we get closer to the olympics.

Heidi said...

Interesting comment - I'm not sure that I follow how an anti-idling bylaw affects homeless people. If the bylaw is serious about cutting down on cars idling then it shouldn't affect homeless people unless they have vehicles.

I agree that as the Olympics come closer we will see by-laws and activities that unfairly target low-income and homeless people, but I'm not seeing that connection with the anti-idling by-law.