Last weekend I watched the movie "Sicko" by Michael Moore for the second time. It is an extremely good movie - well, obviously because I wouldn't be watching it for the second time if I didn't like it! Anyway - it was very interesting to watch it again. The movie is interesting because some parts are hilarious where others are scary and sad.
This one time (funny) when Michael was walking through a British hospital searching for the cashier to pay when you left. After hours of searching he finally found the spot marked cashier - but when he went up to the desk the person told him that this desk was to actually pay for the transportation that people took to get to the hospital. Michael was absolutely astounded! Another time (sad) was when he showed a place in the states - I think it was in California - where a cab came up to the front of a building and dropped a person off. Seems normal - right? - wrong. The person that they dropped off was someone who couldn't pay for their hospital bill. The person had no idea where they were and they wandered aimlessly down the street until she reached someone who helped her. Now there was one time that was both sad and funny - well funny only because of Mr. Bush's stupidity. (Maybe I should stab Bush with my voodoo too!) George Bush was on some show in the states with a women who said that she was having to work three jobs just to survive. George seriously thought that this was an excellent thing! He also said that this women was truly american! It sounds as if he's expecting everyone in the states to do three jobs! Three jobs!! Some people find it hard just to do one:)
Anyway - that's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment