Monday, February 11, 2008

My Opinions on the Grammys

I don't really ever watch the Grammys though I did watch a little bit of them last night. OK, as I haven't really watched the Grammys a lot but from what I have seen this is what I've noticed. These are also just my opions and I'm sure lots of other people have totally different opinions.
It seems like mostly the people who get the awards and get nominated are just the really big popular artists. There are some other really great bands probably out there that aren't being nominated for Grammy awards but just haven't got their "big break." Then again, sometimes you do notice some great smaller, less known artists mixed in with the popular ones. For instance, for best movie soundtrack, the smallish movie Once was nominated. It didn't win but it was nice to see it being up there.
The other thing I guess is that if you are being nominated for a Grammy award you get TONS of publicity before hand. Also, I think that really any awards like the Grammys are kind of stupid because if you really are a good musician you don't need an award to know that.
Once again, that's just my opinion and I said lots of other people probably have other opinions.

No comments: