Monday, October 08, 2007

October Coquitlam Trip

I just got back from Vancouver where I visited my dad. It was very fun and I got to see my dad, Doug and Josh after what felt like a very long time since I last saw them. Mostly I explored the new house and worked on my newspaper. My dad works from home so I wasn't entirely alone though I did have to think of things to entertain myself while my dad worked. I got a lot done on my newspaper and I think it will be done by the time I want it to be finished - the end of October. But it wasn't just me and my dad at our house. At my house there was my dad, me, Josh and Josh's nanny. Josh's daycare is on strike right now so there is a nanny at our house from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to about 1:00 Pm when Josh gos down for his nap. So actually there was quite alot of people there.

One day after work we all went down to Stanley Park in downtown Vancouver for a walk by the ocean. It was very beutiful. It was strange to see that it was still warm and everything was quite green even though it was October. In Edmonton the week before it was chilly and the grass had turned a yellowish grey colour in some places. After our walk we went to Fat Burger which is a restaurant that serves probably the best burger in Vancouver. It was very fun and when we went back home we watched a Planet Earth episode and went to bed.

On Saturday we went and bought some new tables for the living room. It was fun except for the never ending Dora the Explorer or The Backyardigans playing on the TV in the van, that was quite annoying. We also went to get Josh a haircut at this "cool" haircut place just for kids where there was a TV playing Dora the Explorer at every little spaceship that the kids got their haircuts in. The plus side to this was that I got a new book called Safe As Houses by Eric Walters about the hurricane called Hurricane Hazel that hit Ontario in 1954, I think that was the year. It was a great book you should definately read it if you are 11 years old.

The next day was almost the same. We went to return one of the tables that we got because the glass was broken on the top. Then we went to get some new lamps for the living room all the while with the never ending Dora The Explorer or The Backyardigans on the TV. Then we went to get another book by Eric Walters called We All Fall Down. This one is about the 9/11 attacks. It is also an excellent book.

Then on Monday it was time to go. It was much to short. Me and my dad drove to the airport in Abbotsford and I left on the plane. It's suprisingly a very short plane ride only 1 hour 9 minutes. Then, I arrived in Edmonton.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

very nice, very nice. Love the photo. :-)

hannelore said...

Despite the Dora shows...it sounds like a lovely weekend! Vancouver will feel like such a treat to go to in the winter! How did you get that photo on your blog by the way???

Isaac said...

Blogger has improved a bunch of stuff since I first made my blog. If you go to template and then click Header then you can chose to have a picture behind the title.
Hope this helps!