Yesterday I finished my first swim meet with the Penguins swim club! It was called the Penguins Challenge and was just for the Penguins Swim Club. It lasted about four hours and was very fun! When I got there we had to figure out which team we were in becasue the Penguins Swim Club had been split into two teams before hand. They couldn't find my name so we asked Amanda who said that they forgot to register me but someone was absent so I took his place.
My first race was 50 freestyle and I was in lane one: the lane where my dad was timing. It was very exciting. The thing that I was most worried about my races were my dives. I think I did a pretty good dive, at least I didn't do a belly flop. After this I hardly had any time to dry off before I did my next race which was 25 butterfly. I think I could have done a 50 butterfly but the person who was absent wasn't registered to do a 50 butterfly. I thought my butterfly was pretty good and when I got out my dad said that he was very immpressed by my butterfly. My dive was good again, no belly flop at least. I had a little wait before I did my 25 breaststroke, once again I think I could have done a 50. I like breaststroke because I think it doesn't take as much effort as my last stroke which was butterfly. Once again no bellyflop. My second to last race was 25 backstroke. Here I think I could have definately done a 50! I find backstroke quite easy and I liked it because I didn't have to do a dive! My last race was a 100 IM. The boy I was posing as wasn't registered for an IM but they slid me into a spot. Unfortunately they slid me into a spot with the 18 and up year olds. My mom said the person in her lane was 23! It was VERY tiring and after I got out I just stood there, very tired. After this my dad told me that he thought that if I was in the next IM race I would have maybe even won it!
After all the races the whole Penguins Swim Club did a big relay. There were aproxamately 35 people an each team and every person did a 25 of freestyle so it took a VERY long time! The part I was most worried about though was the fact that to enter the water we had to dive over the person who touched the wall. I was worried that my dive wouldn't be far enough and that I would hit the person, but I didn't. My team won the race by like two seconds.
I had alot of fun at this swim meet. I also liked that both my mom and dad were timers. I was in my dad's lane about 3 times and in my mom's once. So I was only in another persons lane once! What I also liked about it was that there was a big age range. There was one boy who looked about 5 years old and then on this sheet I saw that one of the Master swimmers was 42! That's a difference 37 years! This swim meet was very fun and was a great experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment