Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Weakerthans Concert!!

I'm back from the Weakerthans concert!! First of all Jada, Risa, and Cheryl came from Golden at excactly 4:00 and we went to the park and just talked for a while. Then my mom came home and we went to the Weakerthans concert. We got there at about 5:45 and the interview was going to be at 6:00. I phoned the tour manager and told her that I was here, she said that it would be awhile but to wait downstairs. So we waited downstairs while City TV reporters came passed us and many other news reporters. Then finally someone came down and took me Jada, and Risa upstairs. At first she introduced us to Stephen Caroll who is the guitar player for the Weakerthans. We went into the dressing room for the opening band Last Town Corus and I asked Stephen Caroll if I was having the interview with him. He said yes. I told him that I had all my questions ready for John Samson and Stephen Caroll just said OK, I'll go get him. John Samson entered the room and the interview began.

He was very nice, he even answered in full sentences, I hate when they answer with just yes, no, 7 years yes okay we live in different cities, it's hard. I asked them all the questions I had prepared and he answered in great answers. I can't hwait to transcribe it and put it into the newspaper.

Then the concert was about to start. We went into the theatre nad the Last Town Corus played first. They were quite good they playedfor about 30 minutes. Then it was intermission and I went out into the hall. I got a Weakerthans T-Shirt. It is VERY nice. On the front is a Curling Club logo that says The Weakerthans then Winnipeg. It was time to go back in for the Weakerthans concert. They started off with Civil Twilight off the new CD. They played all my favourite songs except for One Great City. They left the stage and we all stood up and clapped. We clapped and clapped and clapped and finally they came out again. They played One Great City My Favourite Chords and three other songs. Then they left. We clapped and clapped and then they came on again they played two other songs. Then, they were gone for good.

After the concert my ears were still ringing with the drums and guitars it was very exciting though. Wit the concert and the interview! It was a GREAT night!!!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you - good for you for pushing to interview John K. I cannot wait to read the interview in Die Zeitung! :-) Good job.