For those of you who don't know, tomorrow is human rights day. It is a world wide event where people write letters to the leaders of countries where people have been injustly prisoned. For instance there was a man in China who was imprisoned for 10 years for writing an email. I think that this is a big problem and I encourage everyone who reads my blog and people you know to write to leaders of countries to try to solve this problem. Here is a link to the website that has all the information: http://www.amnesty.ca/writeathon/index.php.
Tomorrow I will report on how my day went of writing letters!
2 comments:
excellent reminder Isaac - I'll let you know how many I get done too.
And remember, Amnesty is a great organization and you can write letters for them all year long! :-)
Hey Isaac - a bunch of us here at work just spent the lunch hour writing letters. I wrote 5 - I think in total the 5 of us wrote about 20 letters!
(And Heidi is right - we can do this all year long!)
Post a Comment